The CA Cloud Monitor API
makes it possible for developers to access the data and functions of the CA Cloud Monitor services.
Some examples uses of the API:
- Access your CA Cloud Monitor account and set up, activate, modify, or remove site monitoring rules
- Perform a check of your site from one of the worldwide monitoring stations of CA Cloud Monitor
- Send an SMS from one of the many SMS gateways of CA Cloud Monitor
- Perform a traceroute from one of these stations to an IP address of your choice. The just-trace site was build using these services.
- Find where a certain host is located (IP to location)
- Compute how much 10 Euro is in US Dollars.
For most calls you will need a CA Cloud Monitor account (or an account with one of our partners) and the number of calls is rate-limited on hourly or daily basis, but some calls can be used anonymously too. See the Access to the API chapter
The service endpoints of the CA Cloud Monitor API are listed in the table below. Each version has its own endpoint. Please use the latest stable release for your applications, and only use the experimental release when agreed with the CA Cloud Monitor API team, as the parameters and results may change (as it is experimental!).
This page, and the rest of the CA Cloud Monitor API documentation can be found with this shortcut: https://api.cloudmonitor.ca.com/
Detailed documentation on each call can be found by following the links in the endpoint table above, or by having ?doc as the only parameter to any of the calls of the CA Cloud Monitor API. This detailed documentation is generated from the actual code and will therefore be the most accurate.
Note for user of the new account types (for enterprises)
If you are using the menu choice "Subscription/Account Management" to manage your account (this menu choice is not available to users of the traditional account types), you will need to use the API login from your main organization account and not from the individual user accounts when using the API.